Join us in the fight against hunger by bringing a donation of non-perishable food items for people and pets to the Day of Peace festival. Westside Food Bank Collection bins will be located at the Pier’s festival entrance.
Those who donate will receive a raffle ticket for the opportunity to win one of several special prizes. The winning raffle number* will be announced during the last hour of the festival and the holder of the winning ticket must be present to win.
Preferred Food Donation Items include:
· Canned Tuna, Chili, Beef Stew, Beef Ravioli
· Rice, Rice & Beans; Pasta
· Spaghetti Sauce
· Peanut Butter
· Granola Bars
· 100% Fruit & Vegetable Juice
· Canned Fruit & Fruit Cocktail
· Macaroni & Cheese
· Evaporated & Powdered Milk
· Infant Formula, Infant Cereals, Baby Food
· Breakfast cereals and muffin/bread mixes.
· Canned & Dry Dog and Cat Food
Jane Goodall Institute’s Roots & Shoots youth program is dedicated to encouraging young people and adults all across the globe to identify concerns in their communities and take action to create a better world. Roots & Shoots members develop and participate in campaigns promoting a more balanced co-existence among people, animals and the environment. For more information check out www.RootsAndShoots.org
Copyright 2010 Roots & Shoots Day of Peace All rights reserved.
Website by What's the Buzz.counter